Ferguson Pape Baldwin Architects
San Diego, CA
Draftperson / Intern Architect
July 2012 – Current
- Responsible for translating direction from design and management leads into conceptual, schematic and design development packages within the established budget and schedule.
- Responsible for understanding design intent and maintaining continuity in detailing.
- Involved in LEED credit management and sustainable design research.
- Contribute to marketing and project acquisition efforts by assisting in the development of graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Collaborates with design team, clients, consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Worked under the supervision of firm partners to produce working drawings for a variety of projects.
- Assisted in organizing, designing, and rendering design proposals to potential clients.
- Worked on competitive design proposals for multi-million dollar projects.
- Created digital animations for client presentations.
- Involved in producing project drawings by applying firm standards and data structures.
- Provided critical support to firm partners, managers, and senior architects on a variety of projects.
- Provided support on all phases of design process.
- Selected interior material finishes for client approval.
- Designed marketing material and portfolio presentation boards.
Citizens for Solar Students
Citizens for Solar Students is a non-profit student-based organization that is focused on the promotion of solar technology in Southern Arizona. Its vision is to unite students with the resources and professional connections of local experts within the solar culture.
- Promoted awareness to the general public and the solar community.
- Provided Board Members’ support for Citizens for Solar.
- Assisted with annual events and marketing for Citizens for Solar.
- Provided assistance in graphic design and marketing materials.
Drachman Design-Build Coalition, Inc
Student Donations Chair & Student Builder
Fall Semester 2011
The Drachman Design-Build Coalition is a non-profit organization at The University of Arizona. The mission of the Drachman Design-Build Coalition, Inc. is to promote and facilitate the design and construction of affordable housing for low-income and underserved populations in Arizona.
- Responsible for fund raising, development, and management of all donor campaigns.
- Worked with all forms of media, produced supporting materials, e.g. signage, worker apparel, and newsletters to promote, market and advertise forthcoming events.
- Student Builder with focused duties of framing, rammed earth, exterior design strategies, and LEED accreditation.
Spring Semester 2011
Tejido Group is an interdisciplinary and collaborative applied research program, where faculty and professionals in Landscape Architecture, Planning, and Architecture work side by side with university graduate and undergraduate students in an apprenticeship-style professional learning environment.
- Examined socio-cultural, socio-economic, environmental, functional, and image-related issues within the community of Greer, Arizona.
- Used in-depth hybrid qualitative and quantitative methodologies to assess growth strategies, environmental sustainability, and ecological and economic challenges.